Sunday, September 18, 2011

A New Journey...........

Last week was the first week back for Bible Study Fellowship. It feels good to get back and see all my friends again after the summer, and reminds me of the feeling that kids have going back to school each fall. We are studying Acts of the Apostle this year and I am very excited. In the lecture it was stated that

Jesus works through the power of the Holy Spirit, in and through His people, to further His cause to the world.

God is taking me on a new journey as I am stepping out of my comfort zone to lead a group this year. For the last several years I have taught in the Children Program and have been so very blessed. Each week they have taught me as much as I have taught them. They love so freely, and forgive so quickly! They don't see the imperfections or handicaps that we often think limits a person. I will always cherish the time God allowed me to teach these precious little ones! I still remember many of these precious ones and think about and pray for them often. That God was so gracious to allow me to teach them God's True Word was an amazing blessing in my life. Through teaching them, He was also teaching me!

LOVE JOY PEACE PATIENCE KINDNESS GOODNESS FAITHFULNESS GENTLENESS & SELF CONTROL

These are the things God developed in me through the Children's program in Bible Study Fellowship, and I will be forever grateful! I look forward to the new things He will teach me in my new role as a group leader. I tried my hand at "Homiletics" this week and actually enjoyed it! Through the study of Acts Chapter One He reminded me once again.......

"He is faithful to His promises and will guide those that trust Him"

I pray that I will remember that I can trust Him to guide me in every area of my life.

Because of Calvary,
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment